Saturday, August 23, 2008

Alternative to Videography?

I finished processing the images from the recent wedding of Michael and Kelly Smales, and will be sharing some of my favorites here soon! You can already see many of them in my website galleries, if you want to take a first look. :)

In the mean time, I found this fascinating alternative to traditional wedding videography, which I think is an absolutely fabulous idea! It's currently only available in Pittsburgh, but I have a feeling that won't be for long. FlashBox is a video kiosk that you can set up at your reception, so that your guests can go up and record personal messages for you! Instead of a videographer surprising you with the camera, you can take your own time to figure out what you want to say, and then privately give it when you're ready! The newlyweds receive an edited DVD of all the personal messages from family and guests- how great is that!

I will admit, it may be a bit pricy for some ($1500), but if you elect not to have a videographer for the ceremony (and maybe get Uncle Bob or Cousin Emily to do it?), then it's definitely do-able!





Additional information for FlashBox video can be found:

http://flashboxmedia.net/
(866) 996 - 7700
events@theflashbox.com

No comments: